The comparisons between the traditional incandescent light bulbs and the revolutionary LED (light emitting diodes) light globes are noteworthy! Many people across the globe have begun to replace their old wire filament bulbs with LED lights.
In fact, starting back in 2014, North America stopped manufacturing or importing the traditional incandescent light bulbs. Followed by the more energy-efficient LED and CFL (compact fluorescent lamps) light bulbs.
Better Than Traditional Lighting
We explore a few reasons why you should seriously consider jumping on the bandwagon and replace all your light bulbs at home to LED bulbs. These advantages of LED will definitely sway you, along with the fact that you might even enjoy an increase in your property value!
- Cost Saving – LED bulbs are more expensive than the incandescent bulb. In the end you will save more on your electricity bill when using LED lights. Over the period of a year, you can expect to pay a third of the price with LED lights than with incandescent lights.
- Electricity Saving – Yes, they use a lot less energy. A lot. LED light bulbs will go far in our bid to lessen the demand for electricity supply. Using up to 80% less electricity. It will essentially help making your carbon footprint that much lighter. Not to mention your electricity bill!
- Heat Saving – Traditional incandescent lights spend 10% of their energy in making light. 90% goes into making heat. LED lights remain cool while effectively giving off the same amount of light making them highly energy efficient.
LED Bulb Advantages
- Effective – LED lights are great for even the harshest of environments. They require no time to “warm up” and can function in most extreme weather.
- Reliable – LED lights last on average up to 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs and can even work for up to 25 years, depending on the bulb. In fact it is estimated that, where an incandescent bulb will work for approximately 1,000 hours, LED lights will comfortably work for 10,000 hours before needing to be replaced.
- Non-toxic – LED remains free of the harsh chemicals that too often find their way into our landfills. Where CFL bulbs and tubes need to be carefully disposed of.
- Fewer Bulbs Needed – Incandescent bulbs are forced to direct light everywhere which eliminates the need for additional bulbs to adequately light a space. LED lights are directional. Fewer bulbs are needed because no light energy is lost. Achieving the same brightness in the same space.
Knowing these advantages of LED lights, it becomes a bit of a no-brainer with regard to the way to go. Next time you find yourself in the hardware store at the bulbs isle, consider systematically moving away from traditional lighting to an earth-friendly option. LED light bulbs are the way of the future.